Music Teacher (One Year Contract); Good Shepherd Catholic College, Mount Isa
COMMENCING JANUARY, 2019
Townsville Catholic Education Office invites applications from Music Teachers with Queensland College of Teachers Registration to join our committed Music Department.
The successful applicant will have proven success in implementing the Music Curriculum from Junior to Senior Secondary and will be able to demonstrate their understanding of the following points at the interview:
- A clear understanding of curriculum, assessment and reporting procedures (experience with Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority will be highly regarded)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with students, staff, and parents
- University qualifications in Music and Education
- Experience planning and implementing lessons catering to new technologies and student interest
- Proven success in engaging students in co-curricular music programmes
A willingness to take an active and enthusiastic role in the full life of the school as well as a willingness to be involved in and/or direct an instrumental ensemble would be highly regarded.
Good Shepherd Catholic College Mt Isa is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. The College has a particular passion for curriculum and contemporary learning practice and for developing consistent and quality teaching and learning.
Mount Isa, a vibrant and progressive city of 20,000 people, is located approximately 1,600 kilometers North West of Brisbane and 900 kilometers west of Townsville. ‘Isa’ is a family-friendly city, rich with community pride, a land of opportunity with regard to career, education, and lifestyle.
Subsidised accommodation in comfortable and furnished unit
Additional leave days