Ryan Catholic College, Kirwan
Position: Humanities Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2021
Classification: Full Time, 12 Month Contract
Salary Range: $73,629 - $106,045 pending experience
Closing Date: Wednesday, 25th November 2020 unless filled prior
Ryan Catholic College, Kirwan was established in 1979 and has as its foundational story as the well-known "Journey to Emmaus" story from the Gospel of Luke. The theme of "journey" is one that is embraced by the College and is a fine metaphor for portraying the growth that all people experience in developing their spirituality, intellect, physical and social capabilities and wisdom.
Although the College is relatively young, it has an enviable reputation for providing an education which results in graduates who are well rounded young people. Academic excellence is sought and achieved, yet there is a broad education provided so that all who seek our values find a suitable pathway to attaining their goals.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
Ryan Catholic College is seeking applications from an experienced and enthusiastic Humanities Teacher. This role is a Full Time, 12 Month Contract position commencing for the 2021 Teaching Year. The ability to teach English and Legal Studies would be highly regarded.
- Innovative, proactive and flexible approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and collaboration with students, parents and staff
- Current Queensland College of Teaching Registration or ability to obtain before commencement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting:$73,629 - $106,045 pending experience
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 4pm Wednesday, 25th November 2020 unless filled prior.
View other vacancies here