St Kieran's Catholic Primary School, Mount Isa
Classification: Full Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $52,009 - $53,924 pending experience
Commencing: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Friday, 27th November 2020
St Kieran's Catholic Primary School offers prep to year 6 and has a strong commitment to communication. The school prides itself on being familiar with every member of the school community, as well as being attuned to the individual needs of others.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
St Kieran's Catholic School is seeking applications from hardworking and passionate Groundskeepers. This role is a Full Time, Permanent position commencing as soon as possible. In order to facilitate a full time role - this position will also provide Grounds upkeep and maintenance care to other facilities and properties within the Good Shepherd Parish.
About the role
The Groundsperson under the direction of the principal contributes to the effective and efficient operation and environment of the college by providing a high level of maintenance and upkeep of the schools’ grounds. The Groundsperson will be required to assess repairs quickly to enable maximum safety at all times.
The duties of a grounds person may include:
- Mowing, whipper snipping and fertilising lawns
- Repairing and maintaining irrigation systems
- Weeding, planting, fertilising and maintenance of gardens
- Maintaining and cleaning grounds and equipment
- Maintaining security lighting
- Assisting with all general building maintenance, painting etc. as required
- Identifying and reporting defects and hazards as soon as practically possible.
Carry out minor repairs to the college property and equipment, including:
- Replacing tap washers and other general rectifications
- Repairing leaking toilets, windows, desks, chairs, other minor carpentry and paint work
- Assist with marking playing fields
- Assist with the set up and dismantling of tents and equipment for carnivals and college fete.
- Recent experience in a grounds/services/operational role or similar
- Understanding of and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety legislation and professional regulations to reduce the risk of harm to self and others relative to the role of a groundsperson
- Ability to follow safety precautions that may involve the use of protective equipment where work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials, machinery, use of tools and other equipment
- Manoeuvring within the school environment appropriate to the position – demonstrating agility and adherence to manual handling techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively to meet the necessary standards with respect to clarity, accuracy and professionalism appropriate to the position
- Ability to prioritise workloads and manage multiple tasks with competing timelines
- A demonstrated ability to develop and sustain productive working relationships
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible and a proactive attitude
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the college community and driven to achieve the best outcomes
- Ability to accept responsibility for own work
Mandatory Criteria/Professional Registration/Other
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Undertake Workplace Health and Safety Training
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
Please review the Position Description before preparing your application.
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter/supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) which addresses your suitability in relation to the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required of the role.
- Upload a current resume which also includes the name, email address and contact details of two referees.
The closing date for applications for this role is 4pm Friday 27th November 2020.