Marketing and Events Officer
Ryan Catholic College, Kirwan
Position: Marketing and Events Officer
Salary Range: $57,660 - $60,102 pending experience
Classification: Full Time, 12 month Contract
Start Date: Term 1, 2021
Closing Date: Monday, 23rd November 2020
At Ryan Catholic College we provide a Catholic education for both boys and girls from Prep to Year 12 on two campuses (Prep to Year 4 and Years 5 to 12). Our students are offered a diverse curriculum in modern, well-equipped facilities.
As part of our team, we will provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our employees is a fundamental part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our employees are recognised as being central to achieving our mission and delivering quality learning outcomes for all students.
Ryan Catholic College is seeking applications for the newly created position of Marketing and Events Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to develop the role and make an impression.
About the role
The Marketing and Events Officer works in collaboration with the Business Manager and provides high level support to the College Leadership Team, demonstrating a degree of self-initiative, flexibility and dependability. This support includes liaison with students, staff and key stakeholders, developing written and multimedia content and providing College event support.
The Marketing and Events Officer will be required to be a point of contact for all visitors, parents, staff and students to the College. The incumbent will present a professional image and create a welcoming, warm and positive impression.
The position reports directly to the Business Manager and will be based at Ryan Catholic College.
The Marketing and Events Officer will represent Ryan Catholic College in a professional, warm, friendly and efficient manner. Duties include:
- Working in collaboration with College staff and in accordance with the College marketing plan, develop quality marketing materials. These include: website, social media management, digital, publications, advertising resources and signage that comply with organisational branding.
- Work with the Townsville Catholic Education Office Marketing and Communications Team to proactively seek opportunities to promote the College and support enrolment strategies.
- Plan, manage and organise College events, such as expos, liturgies, award ceremonies, parent events, alumni events, assemblies, etc. with direction from the College Leadership Team.
- Prepare publications for students, staff and parents such as infographics, pamphlets, flyers, posters and handbooks within Ryan Catholic College brand guidelines.
- Assist with audio visual requirements at College events.
- Develop a positive relationship/network with key media, agencies and suppliers to create media opportunities.
- Perform administration duties as required.
- Other duties as directed by the Business Manager and Principal.
- Previous experience in an administrative and marketing or event services function, with the provision of focussed professional, administrative support
- Demonstrated capacity to organise and prioritise a range of tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability in providing accurate and informative assistance to staff, students and parents confidently.
- Multimedia content development skills and copywriting skills, or an ability to develop these skill in-role
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
- Highly developed computer literacy with the ability to operate a variety of platforms
- Organisational planning and coordination skills including the ability to manage demanding or competing deadlines
- The ability to proactively seek opportunities to extend ones professional scope of practice and learning.
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a proactive attitude
- Confident, well-presented and engaging with a personal warmth that engenders mutual respect with staff, parents and visitors
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the college community and driven to achieve the best outcomes
- Willingness to learn and develop in a supported environment
- Motivated with a “can do’ attitude.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card - The successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government
- Qualification at certificate level or equivalent knowledge and experience relevant to the position
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Recent administration experience in a school or other environment.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting: $57,660 - $60,102 pending experience
- 4 weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close Monday, 23rd November 2020 unless filled prior.