English Curriculum Leader
Columba Catholic College, Charters Towers
Position: English Curriculum Leader
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2021
Classification: Full Time, 12 month contract
Salary Range: $84,706 - $113,299 pending experience
Closing Date: Friday, 4th December 2020
Columba Catholic College, Charters Towers is a vibrant, affordable P-12 Catholic College catering for the full needs of families and students. Being co-educational, students can find their own special niche for learning and personal growth. The P-12 setting gives students access to a wide range of subjects and opportunities, matched to current and emerging pathways and occupations.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
Columba Catholic College, Charters Towers is seeking an experienced and dedicated English Curriculum Leader. This role is a Full Time, 12 Month Contract commencing in Term 1, 2021. There is the possibility of extension for the right candidate.
The English Curriculum Leader supports the mission of Columba Catholic College, Charters Towers through leadership of the learning and teaching program. The Curriculum Leader will ensure that appropriate pedagogies are developed and implemented at all levels and will ensure quality of student learning and the effectiveness of teacher practice through appropriate supervision. The Curriculum Leader will utilise thorough analysis of current data to inform decisions and develop appropriate partnerships within and outside of the college, along with prudently administering available resources.
The English Curriculum Leader demonstrates leadership in three dimensions: leadership of teaching and learning, human leadership and strategic leadership. The Curriculum Leader also demonstrates an understanding of, commitment to and support for the values and ethos of Catholic education.
- Innovative, proactive and flexible approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and collaboration with students, parents and staff
- Current Queensland College of Teaching Registration or ability to obtain before commencement
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card - The successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by the Queensland Government.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting:$84,706 - $113,299 pending experience
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 4pm Friday, 4th December 2020.