Good Shepherd Catholic College - Mount Isa
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. Peter Scott, Principal of GSCC has a particular passion for curriculum and contemporary learning practice and for developing consistent and quality teaching and learning. He believes in fostering strong relationships with all stakeholders to create an environment which is inclusive, welcoming, progressive, secure and focused on quality contemporary Catholic education.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
Register your interest today!!
We are always seeking outstanding and innovative Secondary Teacher's to join our team at Good Shepherd Catholic College in Mount Isa.
Express your interest in any of the below positions:
- Health & Physical Education
- The Arts
- Learning Support
- Teacher Librarian
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and a passion for teaching one of the above mentioned subjects
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Salary packaging and salary sacrificing options
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Modern facilities and equipment
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students
- Leadership development programs
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Maternity Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Orientation and induction programs
Support for you in a rural community
- Additional pay remuneration for teaching at remote schools
- IPRASS and ITAS Incentives
- Extra Travel Days and extra Emergent Leave
- Reasonable relocation costs
- Housing assistance and rental cost assistance
- Air-conditioning cost assistance
- Dedicated support teams at each school to assist new teachers
- Scholarship programs for further study
- Flexible working conditions
- Leadership programs
- Opportunities to advance career
- Permanency available
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
The Recruitment team will be in contact regarding your application once received.
To find out more about the Region visit